Keeping Pets and their People Healthy and Together
For many people living in vulnerable times, veterinary costs are prohibitive and lead to unnecessary suffering of cherished pets, who mean so much to their people. It is well known the difference a companion pet makes to those who are isolated, homeless, fleeing violence or living with health challenges.
Through our Foundation we allocate subsidy funding to assist eligible people to ensure their pets receive the veterinary hospital care they need.
Right now we urgently need to raise $5k+ to cover the veterinary costs for these patients:
- A local, cherished Kelpie who recently required urgent surgery for a tumour
- A cherished Westie whose chronic skin allergies are finally (after 5 months) coming under control. His quality of life is improving immensely but he will need ongoing treatment to stay well and we are raising funds to support his ongoing care
- A cherished Maltese needing an anal sac removal
- A cherished Jack Russell needing diagnostics and management for advancing heart disease
- A cherished boy who needed his eye removed due to a tumour
We are calling on our community to support this campaign to pledge a donation towards the external veterinary costs of keeping our cherished pets healthy.
Please note that due to client confidentiality and respecting the privacy of our clients we are not able to identify these beneficiaries. As part of our case management of these pets and their people, we develop a funding plan to ensure an affordable outcome is reached for all. However, we urgently need to raise funds dedicated to this purpose.