We are all experiencing surreal times, and want to share our love and support with our community at this time. This is a time like no other in memory where we need to be collaborative and supportive of each other.
The CP Team is very mindful of the fact that many of our clients and community service recipients fall in to the group of people who are most vulnerable to Coronavirus. We are fiercely protective of these people, and will do all we can to follow instructions and introduce measures to flatten the curve as this virus spreads, to ensure these people have access to the health care they need.
For many of our vulnerable clients their cherished pet is their primary companion, and we are committed to ensuring these pets receive priority care during this time and that the delivery of our service does not in any way compromise our clients.
We are taking the following action to protect our vulnerable neighbours :
- All our team (staff and Volunteers) have been advised of the protocols set by our Governments on minimising spread of the virus.
- We are asking our team and volunteers to check in on our clients to see if they need any additional assistance with provision of items such as toilet paper when they visit.
- For many of our clients, CP personnel are the only visitors they receive, so our visits are also a vital way to ensure they are doing ok. However, we are also triaging our clients and will cancel visits if they are unwell, and provide remote assistance in this instance.
- We are receiving advice from our partner home care service providers to ensure we continue to stay on top of developments and align our service with benchmark practice.
- Our hub is operating, business as usual with the following steps in place:
o Hand sanitiser is available for all visitors to use
o PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE HUB if you are unwell in any way, or if you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
o Our cleaning protocols have been escalated to ensure all public surfaces are wiped with disinfectant hourly.
o We are offering home vet visits as an alternative, and subject to availability. Priority will be given to our CP clients.
o PLEASE PHONE AHEAD OR EMAIL email@example.com if you have a concern about your pet’s health and we can triage the urgency and best plan forward.
- Our end of life service is continuing as normal, with prevention measures in place, as we know that pets still need our special level of care at all times.
- HAVE YOU DONE AN EMERGENCY CARE PLAN FOR YOUR PET? This is a time that we need to construct a plan for our pets in the event of them being left alone due to hospitalisation or other reasons.
- On a brighter note, self-isolation brings with it the opportunity to spend more time with our cherished pets! That has to be a silver lining. Use this time for additional training, grooming and care.
Like many small businesses, Cherished Pets Community Veterinary Care is preparing for the impact that this crisis will bring to our operations, and we appreciate your continued support and understanding during this time. We rely on our private clients to enable us to ensure the benefits of healthy companion pets are accessible to vulnerable people also. Please continue to support us.